The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Features
 Long time coming (or "The new FWFR")...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  03:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, good work Benj! There it is, thank you! (however, not sure if you've finished yet but the programming of that has knocked the "edit" pencil off the marquee - it's now hovering precariously over the Facebook "like" button.)
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  10:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Wow, good work Benj! There it is, thank you! (however, not sure if you've finished yet but the programming of that has knocked the "edit" pencil off the marquee - it's now hovering precariously over the Facebook "like" button.)

Have you cleared you browser's cache since the change?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  10:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Gee, they told me about hot flashes, but ...

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  16:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Clever fellow.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  23:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj - serious problem, I can't read my PMs. All I get is the page and no list. I need this for the FWTOs. Also, PMs are not being copied to my email.

Thanks

Chris

Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  23:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

Benj - serious problem, I can't read my PMs. All I get is the page and no list. I need this for the FWTOs. Also, PMs are not being copied to my email.

Thanks

Chris

Ditto.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  00:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheese_Ed

quote:

Thanks

Chris

Ditto.

Yet mine is fine even after ctrl-F5'ing. Having said that, restoring the 'forward to my POP-mail' feature would be handy.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  00:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got most of the votes early. I've asked the last votes to pm me via Facebook so I can finish off this weeks competition. I shall try the ctrl-F5 thing in the morning to see if that works. G'night all.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  00:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for the problems viewing PMs. I've been doing a lot of tidying up of things behind the scenes today and I temporarily broke stuff. Should be fixed now (hopefully)...

Also, you should be receiving your email notifications on new messages once more.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  06:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Apologies for the problems viewing PMs. I've been doing a lot of tidying up of things behind the scenes today and I temporarily broke stuff. Should be fixed now (hopefully)...

Also, you should be receiving your email notifications on new messages once more.

Thanks, looks OK now.
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks, looks OK now.

Ditto!
Go to Top of Page

BiggerBoat 
"Pass me the harpoon"

London, UK

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  13:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BiggerBoat

Hi Benj

Well this is all jolly nice isn't it?

Was wondering if you're going to do the same thing on the average votes page as before and have an minimum entry number of 50 reviews?

Cheers

BB

Hi Benj

Any thoughts on this? That goes for everyone really. I used to be top of this list and, to be honest, it's the only thing I try to achieve.

When I first joined I quickly realised that it would never be a numbers game for me and I was indifferent towards the accolades. Getting an average better than Slippy Tin though? That floated my bigger boat. I managed that for a while - I even got up to an average of about 23 at one stage - but maintaining it was near impossible as my total number of reviews grew.

I revised my goals to just try to stay above an average of 20. This was no mean feat with numbers of participants in FYC dropping off and as I never joined the beg fests/vote swapping, I've found it more and more difficult. But I was proud to stay top of the average votes table as an active reviewer.

Now I'm 18th in the list and the fact that I've got five times the number of reviews of everyone above me combined is scant comfort.

All I really try to do is ensure that every one of my reviews is worth reading and I think it would be good if this was recognised by reverting to the previous set up.

BB

Edited by - BiggerBoat on 29/03/2012 13:27:51
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  14:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hi Benj

Was wondering if you're going to do the same thing on the average votes page as before and have an minimum entry number of 50 reviews?

Cheers

BB

Any thoughts on this? That goes for everyone really. I used to be top of this list and, to be honest, it's the only thing I try to achieve.

Thanks for reminding me or, rather, re-reminding me. Fifty review minimum now reinstated and the ranks have been recalculated accordingly.
Go to Top of Page

BiggerBoat 
"Pass me the harpoon"

London, UK

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  14:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Benj

Cheers

BB

Thanks for reminding me or, rather, re-reminding me. Fifty review minimum now reinstated and the ranks have been recalculated accordingly.

Nice! Seems like I over-pleaded a bit now.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  22:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work on the url icon thingy. I've been wanting one of those for a while now.

Having said that, it lacks distinctiveness (compared to the others I see in my bookmarks list), the others are all 'readable' or in some way identifiable, whereas the fwfr one is kind of a reddish 'blob'. Perhaps it's worth zooming in so that "fwfr" fills the whole thing from left to right and is readable?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000