The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Four Word Film Reviews: The Book
 Guess how many reviews you'll have in The Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

AC 
"Returning FWFR Old-Timer"

Canada

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  00:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seven reviews in the all-time Top 100 which I'm pretty fond of (it was eight but foxy bet me about five years back that I wouldn't Smithee a review in the Top 100: he lost the bet. *edit* - just checked, and the said review has dropped to #114. It was in the 40s when I deep-sixed it though), but many of my favourite reviews are for less prominent films ('The Last Emperor', 'Robocop') which might not be represented. With that said, sometimes you get surprised - I was astonished to see a fairly forgettable review I'd written be listed as an example on the FWFR Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Word_Film_Review) so maybe a few more will sneak through. I'd be stoked to see a few in, and I'll guess that I might see eight or ten (out of nearly nine thousand personal reviews that's not a great ratio!!): regardless, I'm just chuffed to see that the book is really happening. Well done Yuke and benj.

Edited by - AC on 01/02/2010 00:13:58
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  00:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AussieCanuck

I have seven reviews in the all-time Top 100 which I'm pretty fond of (it was eight but foxy bet me about five years back that I wouldn't Smithee a review in the Top 100: he lost the bet.

I had/have voted for that smitheed review if we are talking Frodo and the website and if I had written such a fantastic review I have to say I would never have given it away. Clearly you are a man of your word it is a great review to give away.

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  02:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

This is bad news for one of my favorite reviews "Tense, intense. In tents." for Blair Witch Project

Thank goodness for that -- the single most over-rated review on the whole site!
quote:
When compiling the book, I was avoiding reviews from Krugerbait -- they were brilliant, but I didn't think we'd get persmission.

That's weird -- Joss publicly changed his name to Kruegerbait (N.B. not Krugerbait) some time ago, well before the publication was confirmed, but recently enough to identify him as still an active F.W.F.R.er.

As for the prediction, for me my guess is 0.

Edited by - SixFourian on 01/02/2010 02:58:10
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  05:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

As for the prediction, for me my guess is 0.

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shalll never be disappointed."

Having said that, I don't believe you honestly expect 0 unless you know something I don't (e.g., you haven't agreed to the terms or something).
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  05:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd venture a guess at 2 or 3. I hope they are the ones I'm most pleased with, in any case. Um... where I can read a copy of the new terms I agreed to?
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  12:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

I'll be happy with 10, ok may be 2.

Happy New Year to everyone, this is my first time back this year.

Welcome back and I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least 5.
Go to Top of Page

BiggerBoat 
"Pass me the harpoon"

London, UK

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  13:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I WON'T be doing is going through the book with a fluorescent marker as soon as I receive it and highlighting my reviews with little annotations saying things like, 'not one of my better ones, but okay', 'a mere glimpse of my genius' and 'the original of this review was so close to the true name of God that I was scared that everyone who read it would be struck dumb at the wonder of such purity and goodness', before leaving the book open at these pages and steering guests towards it with a cattle prod and then humbly waving away their resultant adulation and cheering by mumbling about "mere bagatelles", before donning my smoking jacket, placing a cigggie in my cigarette holder and doing my best Noel Coward impression. No, won't be doing that.

I'm hoping for about 80 and a section dedicated to me.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  15:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BiggerBoat

I'm hoping for about 80 and a section dedicated to me.

Gonna need a biggerbook.
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  17:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My ego'd like a couple of hundred.

I'd settle for three and a half.
Go to Top of Page

rabid kazook 
"Pushing the antelope"

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  21:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If one does gets in, I hope it's not the one I stole from The Simpsons. Because cough... lawsuit...cough...

Edited by - rabid kazook on 02/02/2010 21:41:43
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  00:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. I haven't been on the forum for a while and I saw the ad for the book! This is so cool!
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  04:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id like to have at least 1. But realistically Id say 0. My reviews arnt even in the top 500. Im sad to say Im not the best FWiffer that I could be.

Go to Top of Page

Wheelz 
"FWFR%u2019ing like it%u2019s 1999"

United States

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  20:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given my relatively scant output here, I'd be thrilled to see even one. (Though there are a handful I'm particularly proud of and probably fit the criteria for inclusion.)

Nevertheless, you can bet I'll be ordering a copy!

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  20:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

Id like to have at least 1. But realistically Id say 0. My reviews arnt even in the top 500. Im sad to say Im not the best FWiffer that I could be.

I should think you'll be alright TitanPA - you've got plenty of 20+ reviews and currently over 220 top-rated reviews... I should think that'll get you at least 1!
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  00:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've said this before in another thread and I'll say it again here, just in case somebody hasn't seen the other threads.

Benj and I are trying our best to make sure the top reviewers and fourum regulars have at least one review in the book.

Some reviewers have a lot, some have a few. The good news -- everyone in this thread (except for Salopian) has at least one review in the book. (Assuming the book editors don't make any drastic changes, it should stay that way.)

Edited by - Yukon on 07/02/2010 01:00:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000