The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Four Word Film Reviews: The Book
 FWFR:The Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  22:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

quote:
Originally posted by randall

Congrats on your review in the 8/6/10 issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY! The entire review:

Title says it all. A

SERIOUSLY! We are in the Aug. 6 issues of Entertainment Weekly? I just spent the past 30 minutes trying to find this review on line. My Google skills are pretty weak -- if anyone can find a link, please post it!

That's awesome! I wanna see!
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  02:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've thrown away my copy, but yes, FWFR is there in the ish which is on the stands right now. I quoted the entire review. It's part of a one-column roundup on the right side of a left-hand page in the book reviews section. Pick up a copy and you'll find it easily.

Edited by - randall on 03/08/2010 02:06:24
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  02:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by randall

I've thrown away my copy, but yes, FWFR is there in the ish which is on the stands right now. I quoted the entire review. It's part of a one-column roundup on the right side of a left-hand page in the book reviews section. Pick up a copy and you'll find it easily.

I ran out to the store and saw it with my own eyes. We're on page 76!

Thanks for pointing that out Randall. If anybody ever sees any other FWFR Book stories in the future, please point them out. I'm trying to keep track of all the times FWFR appears in the media.

Edited by - Yukon on 03/08/2010 02:47:06
Go to Top of Page

ci�nas 
"hands down"

Brizzle

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  15:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I�ve had emails from people in Ulaanbaatar, Tristan da Cunha & Ittoqqortoormiit saying they�re enjoying the book. Only another 3 weeks & Amazon will start dispatching it in the UK.

Go to Top of Page

ci�nas 
"hands down"

Brizzle

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  16:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lamhasuas

I�ve had emails from people in Ulaanbaatar, Tristan da Cunha & Ittoqqortoormiit saying they�re enjoying the book. Only another 3 weeks & Amazon will start dispatching it in the UK.

Strange: 1/2 an hour after posting that I received an email from Amazon saying the book has just been dispatched. Their previous delivery estimate was for 25th to 28th August, I think.

I HAVE THE POWER.

Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  22:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazon.com started posting theirs on July 20th.
Go to Top of Page

ci�nas 
"hands down"

Brizzle

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  00:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I�ve ordered stuff from the States before & it takes forever to get here unless you take a hit on the cost. Not that it�s cheap even if you�re prepared to be patient. I just checked their rates for the FWFR book. In round figures: standard delivery (18 to 32 working days) is �21; expedited (8 to 16 working days) is �25; priority (2 to 4 working days) is �41. Cost from Amazon.co.uk: �5.50. I know all that wit is priceless, but still. I just found it weird that people in Israel, Ireland, NZ, Easter Island, et al were getting their copies, while the UK estimated delivery date was the end of August.

Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  00:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I�ve ordered stuff from the States before & it takes forever to get here unless you take a hit on the cost. Not that it�s cheap even if you�re prepared to be patient. I just checked their rates for the FWFR book. In round figures: standard delivery (18 to 32 working days) is �21; expedited (8 to 16 working days) is �25; priority (2 to 4 working days) is �41. Cost from Amazon.co.uk: �5.50. I know all that wit is priceless, but still. I just found it weird that people in Israel, Ireland, NZ, Easter Island, et al were getting their copies, while the UK estimated delivery date was the end of August.

Get it here
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781440505652/Four-Word-Film-Reviews?selectCurrency=GBP¤cyChange=%3CSPAN%3E%3CEM%3EChange+currency%3C%2FEM%3E%3C%2FSPAN%3E

Free delivery and I got it in 8 - 10 days

Go to Top of Page

ci�nas 
"hands down"

Brizzle

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  00:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Too late to worry about the FWFR book now but I just cross-checked 3 books I�ve bought in the last few days from Amazon[.co.uk]. The prices including delivery for 2 of the books are effectively the same (1p difference each time) from both sites. But the Book Depository not only doesn�t stock an out-of-print David Gates that�s costing me next to nothing via Amazon, it doesn�t have anything by him at all. Amazon has huge resources.

All the same, thanks for that. It�s useful to know about alternative providers.

Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  00:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Amazon is always the last resort for me as they're almost always the most expensive option. I paid US$20 (�12.6 including shipping, it took 10 days to NZ) as the Book Depository (the one foxy gave the link for) was incorrectly listing the stock date as late October and I didn't have that much patience. That would have been about half the price (�6.38 with shipping). I'm guessing you didn't know about the Book Depository.

Amazon seem to only exist as they're the most visible online book/music retailer, and a lot of people still think they're the only option. I've regularly seen CDs* there for US$35 that are US$12 elsewhere.

*There are about 20-30 retailers I regularly buy CDs from, but Amazon will be at the bottom of the list.

Edited by - Sean on 04/08/2010 00:59:01
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  11:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works the other way on imports. Amazon is frequently the most inexpensive option here, but a Japanese or German CD? Forget it. Didn't somebody say they finally had a release date in the UK? That would settle the price down there.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  13:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cheapest CD distros I use are North American, they're significantly cheaper than any European distro I know of. But, Amazon isn't one of them.

Also, the cheap CD stores on eBay also always seem to be North American, and that's even taking into account global shipping.
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  15:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj,

Got my copy today from Amazon.co.uk and started to look thru to see if and what reviews of mine where in.

On page 69, Mrs Doubtfire the review
Williams play Tootsie role is one of mine but has be declined as similar to another review this seems a bit crazy to me!

Benj is this really right if the review is good enough for the book is i not good enough for the site?

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  16:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josh the cat

Williams play Tootsie role is one of mine but has be declined as similar to another review this seems a bit crazy to me!

Benj is this really right if the review is good enough for the book is i not good enough for the site?

Well, if the review is declined for being a dupe, then the problem is that it's a dupe not that it's a review that's not good enough for the site- you're actually mixing up two very different things there.

As for why it made the book, that depends on when it was declined. Any reviews contained therein were unflagged as dupes at time of going to press.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  16:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josh the cat

Benj,

Got my copy today from Amazon.co.uk and started to look thru to see if and what reviews of mine where in.

Josh the cat

Well, mine for that film = "Dorothy rates Tootsie role."
If JTC's was declined because of that one -- I say that stinks! benj - please give JTC back his review. PLEASE!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000