The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Non-films
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  17:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many more films with famous actors/actresses have been removed lately, frustratingly. It seems to be on the basis of there being no I.M.D.B. summary, but there is usually at least a review and even if there isn't it is extremely easy to find information on such films.

Even more disappointingly, this very important film (one of a set) has just been removed. Please, please, please can't there be an end to this madness?
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  01:06:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The I.M.D.B. now classifies these as television episodes.

Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  05:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why on Earth has this been excluded whilst this is considered valid?

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh. Well that was a seasonal loss of votes.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  00:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj, please could you at least change the rejection wording from "Not a film" to "Film excluded from F.W.F.R."? No one in their right mind could argue that many of the productions now being removed are not films.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/12/2010 :  18:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one has now bitten the dust.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 30/12/2010 :  20:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

This one has now bitten the dust.

A couple of the reviews can be saved and moved to other adaptations.

I wish the I.M.D.B. would have a simple Production cancelled message on such pages, rather than making it seem like just an error. We know what it means, but it must be linked to from numerous websites and less frequent users may not.

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  20:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was that the Alice movie?

Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  21:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1i1anPa

Was that the Alice movie?

Yes.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  17:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly no longer re-animating

Only a theatre production screened live, I Assure you

And another one

To be... no

L.L.Lost

l-OSS-t

Edited by - demonic on 07/01/2011 17:54:36
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

United Kingdom

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  04:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've just lost a few more reviews due to films being un-added.

Couldn't the MERPs send us a message before doing this and give us the chance to request for our reviews to be moved (if possible) to another film?

It really sucks losing good reviews and votes when surely they could be moved.

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  17:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree up to a point [matt] - I really don't enjoy losing good reviews with healthy votes, but there's an argument against moving reviews with votes attached to another film: the votes you gained may not have necessarily been given when attached to the alternative film. I found this when I lost a review with votes in the high teens earlier this year so I resubmitted the review to the closest matching film- it only picked up 2 votes, twice through the fyc and is now back in the ideas bin. I think the vote loss is unavoidable, but you can still resub. Knowing the quality of your reviews you'll get those votes back pretty quickly.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  13:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by [matt]

Couldn't the MERPs send us a message before doing this and give us the chance to request for our reviews to be moved (if possible) to another film?

Just to be clear about what's what, I am virtually certain that the MERPs cannot remove films (given that they cannot even remove duplicate reviews), so it would have to be Benj.

Talking of film-removal alerts, though, I long ago requested that accolade creators be alerted, but no joy so far. I am continually finding holes in my accolades.
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

United Kingdom

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  01:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yeah I agree with you, demonic. By "if possible", I didn't just mean if MERPs can actually move reviews, I also meant if it's possible for the review to be moved to an alternative film and work in the same way.

There are many which simply won't work for another film, which I wouldn't bother with. But for reviews which can fit perfectly with another film and retain their meaning, it seems a shame to have to resubmit them and lose their votes. Of course, it would have to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

I am virtually certain that the MERPs cannot remove films (given that they cannot even remove duplicate reviews), so it would have to be Benj.

Oh right, I didn't know that.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  02:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by [matt]
There are many which simply won't work for another film, which I wouldn't bother with. But for reviews which can fit perfectly with another film and retain their meaning, it seems a shame to have to resubmit them and lose their votes. Of course, it would have to be judged on a case-by-case basis.

The way I see it - votes are given to us on a case-by-case basis as well. Once it's moved to another film I think you can't necessarily expect the yield to be identical and passing on a vote previously given in a new context, even if it is practically identical, is in a way a misuse of that person's original vote. I still reckon it's better to take the punch and start over. Unless that particular review has 30 votes or more and then I take back everything I just said... then it's war.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000