The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Duplicate Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75

Willy Weasel 
"Look left and right."

England

Posted - 25/06/2006 :  13:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following on from the comments about duplicates across different films I think that different versions (remakes) of films should be classified as just the one title to avoid duplicates. In practise there are different cast, directors, approach etc. so it is the reviewers job to check other versions for duplicates. Easily done by a search for "Film Title", IMDB, FWFR.

I just submitted a review for 'Animal Farm' and saw that 'Josh The Cat' has several reviews for both the 1954 version and the 1999 version. Unfortunately he has duplicated 'Pigs are more equal.' which was accepted from 'Rovark' two years previously for the other version.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  01:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. It's the laziest form of reviewing when a user blatantly checks the original of a recent remake and then copies and submits someone else's idea.
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  08:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Willy Weasel

I just submitted a review for 'Animal Farm' and saw that 'Josh The Cat' has several reviews for both the 1954 version and the 1999 version. Unfortunately he has duplicated 'Pigs are more equal.' which was accepted from 'Rovark' two years previously for the other version.

Thanks for highlighting this perhaps a more polite manner would have been to pm me, I shall sort it out. It was an honest mistake!

quote:
Originally posted by demonic

I agree. It's the laziest form of reviewing when a user blatantly checks the original of a recent remake and then copies and submits someone else's idea.

Thanks for the character assassination I am glad to know your honest opinion. Of course it was only lazy reviewing if I knew that the original was there which apparentley you believe that I did!

Josh the cheating lazy git reviewer.

EDIT: Benj there are votes involved can you give the 3 votes to Rovark (and I shall add mine to it now) then when its done decline the review. If I bin it myself then the votes are lost, cheers Josh the cat

Edited by - Josh the cat on 04/07/2006 08:39:12
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  14:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Josh - I didn't mean you specifically, even though reading it back it looks a bit that way. I was agreeing with Willy's criticism of the practice, not the particular example he used.

Anyway, I hope I didn't annoy you too much with my always outspoken opinions. I'm hitting a couple of pages of your reviews as a recompense for any bad feeling.

(Did you watch Ghosts of Mississipi last night too? )
Go to Top of Page

Pope George Ringo 
"the Pope on stage"

Texas

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  19:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The #1 and #3 reviews, in terms of votes, for "Snatch" are identical

http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?ID=282

Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  10:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recent "Twat shot, part dieux" sounds a lot like "Muff shots part deux" for Basic Instinct 2
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 18/07/2006 :  17:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yukon's "Pitt's Achilles' heel: acting" sounds an awful lot like my "Acting's Pitt's Achilles' heel" for Troy.
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 22/07/2006 :  08:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Douglas romances the Stone" sounds a lot like Joe Blevins's "Douglas romances another Stone" for Basic Instinct.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 26/07/2006 :  12:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strangers on a Train has:-

Montgomery - "Hitchcock boards with bass" (first)
BaftaBabe - "Hitch boards with bass"
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 26/07/2006 :  15:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se�n

Strangers on a Train has:-

Montgomery - "Hitchcock boards with bass" (first)
BaftaBabe - "Hitch boards with bass"

Gosh, THANKS Sean ... and SORRY EM! I never saw yours. I submitted that one in a flurry of all the great man's films when I was composing my accolade of Hitch in his own films. I've deleted it now [wave farewell to those 4 votes!], and resubmitted with different enough words. Sorry again.

Go to Top of Page

Pope George Ringo 
"the Pope on stage"

Texas

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  14:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Multiple Reviews for this film seem to be the same

http://fwfr.com/display.asp?ID=737

Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  15:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josh the cat

quote:
Originally posted by Willy Weasel

Thanks for highlighting this perhaps a more polite manner would have been to pm me, I shall sort it out. It was an honest mistake!

quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Thanks for the character assassination I am glad to know your honest opinion. Of course it was only lazy reviewing if I knew that the original was there which apparentley you believe that I did!

Josh the cheating lazy git reviewer.

EDIT: Benj there are votes involved can you give the 3 votes to Rovark (and I shall add mine to it now) then when its done decline the review. If I bin it myself then the votes are lost, cheers Josh the cat

May I say, very belatedly, that one should always give the reviewer the benefit of any doubt regarding duplicates. It's very easy to do indeed.

However, in Josh's case, it's particularly silly to suppose he would deliberately copy someone else's review for another film. Josh may have his faults (like all of us) but moral laxity isn't one of them.

I also think the idea of originality around here is sometimes a little strange. Do you really think the "Youth In Asia" pun was original to FWFR? I mean, is it not a stunningly obvious pun which must have beeen made thousands of times before ever being written on FWFR? So what's the big deal if it appears, appositely, under more than one FWFR film by different authors? That doesn't necessarily mean that people are lowering themselves to copy another FWFR review, merely that they have had the same unoriginal thought which another FWFR had earlier (with equal unoriginality!) .

Actually, someone has probably made this point before...

Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  17:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

I also think the idea of originality around here is sometimes a little strange. Do you really think the "Youth In Asia" pun was original to FWFR? I mean, is it not a stunningly obvious pun which must have beeen made thousands of times before ever being written on FWFR? So what's the big deal if it appears, appositely, under more than one FWFR film by different authors? That doesn't necessarily mean that people are lowering themselves to copy another FWFR review, merely that they have had the same unoriginal thought which another FWFR had earlier (with equal unoriginality!) .

Actually, to be clear, I didn't think anyone copied off of anyone (in fact, I never assume that, even when the dupes are for the same film). I was just curious.

Go to Top of Page

Whippersnapper. 
"A fourword thinking guy."

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  19:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by M0rkeleb

quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

Actually, to be clear, I didn't think anyone copied off of anyone (in fact, I never assume that, even when the dupes are for the same film). I was just curious.

These things just happen. I just thought that not everyone who posted about Josh's dupe went as far as they could have to make it clear they were not suggesting Josh did this deliberately. I'm not specifically saying anyone said he did do it deliberately, but it wouldn't have taken much to avoid any inference being drawn. Having been the victim myself in another thread of a [SELF-CENSORED] who challenged my motives I know how hurtful such remarks can be.

Go to Top of Page

GHcool 

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  16:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Alfie becomes Alfred" came before "'Alfie' now plays Alfred" for Batman Begins.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000