The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Duplicate Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  00:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean

quote:
Originally posted by bife

Battle of the Skeksys for Dark Crystal. Sorry Slippy Tin, Falken got there first.

I saw ST's review, thought 'That's good, but I'm sure I already voted on it, obviously not since I still have a vote option'. So I voting on ST's, then realised the reason I thought I'd voted previously, was that I'd already voted on Falken's. Not so bright, am I.

Poor Slippy. That's probably a month's work down the drain.

Don't know if it had votes, if not, his Batting Average has got even higher

Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  06:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It had 10.

Edited by - bife on 28/09/2004 06:05:12
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  06:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It had 10.

That's fine then. Deleting it has indeed raised his average.

Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  18:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to rat on one of my favorite reviewers, but Mr Stupid's "Iraqumentary" for Fahrenheit 9/11 is a duplicate of my "Iraq-umentary" for the same film.

Sorry, Mr S.

Go to Top of Page

bife 

Singapore

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  19:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

I hate to rat on one of my favorite reviewers, but Mr Stupid's "Iraqumentary" for Fahrenheit 9/11 is a duplicate of my "Iraq-umentary" for the same film.

Sorry, Mr S.

I was going to say 'and they're both more than a little similar to Falken's excellent Top 100 Iraqnophobia' - but on second check yours was there first ghcool.

Edited by - bife on 29/09/2004 21:51:39
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  20:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry, Mr S.

Fixed.

Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  21:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fresno's "Open wharfare" was there before C.P.'s "Wharfare". Not sure they are really different enough.

On that note, Benj, sorry for submitting "Dozy doe". I had not seen your "Godzilla steps dozy doe" before, but I have given it its first vote now.

Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  21:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sorry, Mr S.

I was going to say 'and they're both more than a little similar to rockgolf's excellent Top 100 Iraqnophobia' - but on second check yours was there first ghcool.

Iraqnophobia belongs to Falken

Go to Top of Page

bife 

Singapore

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  21:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefoxboy

Iraqnophobia belongs to Falken

just what I said, foxboy!

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/09/2004 :  22:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Fresno's "Open wharfare" was there before C.P.'s "Wharfare". Not sure they are really different enough.

On that note, Benj, sorry for submitting "Dozy doe". I had not seen your "Godzilla steps dozy doe" before, but I have given it its first vote now.

No probs. Cheers for the vote

Go to Top of Page

Corduroy Pillow 
"All puns intended"

Canada

Posted - 30/09/2004 :  02:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Definitely not different enough. Darn! I was sure I'd checked first. Maybe they were pending at the same time? I'm willing to give mine up, but I'd ask that the 18 votes be transferred to Fresno first, if possible. Would be a shame to delete all those smiles when Frez's review has only 3.

Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 30/09/2004 :  03:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Corduroy Pillow

quote:

Definitely not different enough. Darn! I was sure I'd checked first. Maybe they were pending at the same time? I'm willing to give mine up, but I'd ask that the 18 votes be transferred to Fresno first, if possible. Would be a shame to delete all those smiles when Frez's review has only 3.

And I had voted for both of them, never noticed either.

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 30/09/2004 :  04:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Corduroy Pillow

quote:

Happens to me a lot. Most recent was 'Herzog-umentary' for Burden of Dreams. I had it pending for at least two weeks when I saw it listed in the "new reviews" list from (you guessed it) noncentz.So I deleted it. I can take some comfort from the fact that waaaay back in my early days on the site I did a review of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" (A Tale of Two Mittys) that got accepted just prior to the identical review from another brilliant fwfreviewer. I got the review and the votes that the latecomer's review garnered.

http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?ID=5169

Someday I might regale you with the disgustingly long list of great reviews that I have had to deep six because they were already on the site. Nothing can be more frustrating than to come up with a killer review and to check the reviews for that film and find that the identical or similar review has already been accepted.Obviously great minds think alike.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 30/09/2004 04:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Conan The Westy 
"Father, Faithful Friend, Fwiffer"

Posted - 30/09/2004 :  08:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or fools seldom differ.

Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 30/09/2004 :  15:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bife's "The Naked Chef" was here before rockgolf's "'Naked Chef' taken literally". They are a bit more different, but it's still the same idea, I would say.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000