The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Features
 Accolade discussion and suggestions!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's already an accolade on films that are not documentaries or biographies, but are about making a film. I'm talking along the lines of The French Lieutenant's Woman where we see the movie of the book being made, as well as the actors and their interactions. It is an interesting concept, but if no one has made an accolade on this topic before, I'm thinking it may be difficult to put together. I don't want just "film in film" movies - of which there are many, just ones that really use the film being made.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  09:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's already an accolade on films that are not documentaries or biographies, but are about making a film. I'm talking along the lines of The French Lieutenant's Woman where we see the movie of the book being made, as well as the actors and their interactions. It is an interesting concept, but if no one has made an accolade on this topic before, I'm thinking it may be difficult to put together. I don't want just "film in film" movies - of which there are many, just ones that really use the film being made.

It's a great idea, CL!

As you know, my accolade called Get the Picture deals with all the film in film films ... so if it's helpful, you can probably get all the films you need from there. As mine runs to some 95 films, yours should be MUCH more achievable!

Happy Acc-ing!

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that will help. But I'm wondering if anyone can point out the ones that would match my idea.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  02:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randall

Not to belabor this, but how bout the one you created consisting of every film on the site? That list was already available to you by other means. And movie titles which happen to contain the consecutive letters "i-a-n", many [if not, indeed, most] of which you've never even heard of? [I'll bet you 100 sterling that this accolade wouldn't even exist without the automatic-add feature.] Sheesh. I understand that this silly accolade business is all flibbertijibbet to you, but what does something like that possibly have to do with movies? Just curious.

I'm sorry, but this is belabouring it, as I've answered all of these points repeatedly. Nevertheless, here we go again:

I created the all-films one because I idly thought it might have a use. After a very short period, I chose to delete it. I am sure this did not cause you any inconvenience while it did exist, and it is frankly pointless to object to it when it hasn't existed for quite a long while.

The accolade you refer to in fact does not only feature -ian- films, but leaving that aside, I added it because I was interested in the films that it raised and continue to be. In terms of general validity (if that is needed, which it isn't), this is not just a site about films - it is also a site about words. Further, that accolade is F.W.F.R.-related, because it is F.W.F.R.er-related.

I don't mind if no one achieves most of my accolades, but that is patently different to my wanting no one to achieve them. I just as much don't mind if they do as if they don't. Your sneering comment is therefore completely misplaced and unreasonable.

Accolades are the only way on this site to group films together (other than one set each of tagged films). It is therefore totally proper to use the feature to that end.

Edit: Randall, if you don't want to read the same answers from me, stop asking me the same questions!

Edited by - SixFourian on 11/06/2007 09:30:13
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  02:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, that will help. But I'm wondering if anyone can point out the ones that would match my idea.

If you find B.B.'s thread for creating her accolade, it should make clear at least some of the films you want. It's also likely that there is an I.M.D.B. sort term to this effect.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  06:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

quote:

If you find B.B.'s thread for creating her accolade, it should make clear at least some of the films you want. It's also likely that there is an I.M.D.B. sort term to this effect.

Yes, I saw that they have a "Film in Film" keyword but not all the movies there seem to be as specific as I was looking for. When I have some time I'll check which ones work and which ones don't.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Randall

Not to belabor this, but how bout the one you created consisting of every film on the site? That list was already available to you by other means. And movie titles which happen to contain the consecutive letters "i-a-n", many [if not, indeed, most] of which you've never even heard of? [I'll bet you 100 sterling that this accolade wouldn't even exist without the automatic-add feature.] Sheesh. I understand that this silly accolade business is all flibbertijibbet to you, but what does something like that possibly have to do with movies? Just curious.

I'm sorry, but this is belabouring it,

You're so right. But somehow I'll bet you still manage to get the last word.

EDIT: You did!

Edited by - randall on 11/06/2007 10:15:38
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 13/06/2007 :  22:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just set up the Four films reward accolade, and I'd like more suggestions for quadrilogies to be included.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 14/06/2007 :  19:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

I've just set up the Four films reward accolade, and I'd like more suggestions for quadrilogies to be included.

Thanks

The Karate Kid series (1-4)
Indiana Jones (with new one coming out)
Rambo (with new one coming out)
3 Ninjas
Universal Soldier

Edited by - TitanPa on 14/06/2007 20:08:45
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 

Posted - 14/06/2007 :  20:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, TP, I'll squeeze them in at the next opportunity.

Edit: Done.

Edited by - Chris C on 14/06/2007 22:41:19
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 15/06/2007 :  09:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jaws/Saw/Taxi/some upcoming

Edited by - SixFourian on 15/06/2007 09:07:26
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/06/2007 :  17:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did any of these need a single sequel, let alone three?

Highlander
Critters
Home Alone
House Party
Tremors
The Omen

Many, many bad films there should you choose to include them Chris.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/06/2007 :  18:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a question about Accolade duplicates and accolades created by now absent fwiffers that need auto-updating - there's a couple of threads on both these topics on the 'Site Maintenance' forum but the majority of the suggestions posted on both haven't been acted upon at all - notably the indentical American Pie, Harry Potter and Star Trek accolades. Is it not common practice to delete duplicates?

Also is it better to create a new accolade which improves on an existing one (up to date, fancy graphic), or get the older one on an auto-update? If so, how long should we wait for this to be done?
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 15/06/2007 :  18:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

I've got a question about Accolade duplicates and accolades created by now absent fwiffers that need auto-updating - there's a couple of threads on both these topics on the 'Site Maintenance' forum but the majority of the suggestions posted on both haven't been acted upon at all - notably the indentical American Pie, Harry Potter and Star Trek accolades. Is it not common practice to delete duplicates?

Also is it better to create a new accolade which improves on an existing one (up to date, fancy graphic), or get the older one on an auto-update? If so, how long should we wait for this to be done?

I'd similarly noticed a lot of points not acted on. Since I did not know whether this was intention or oversight, I bumped the ones that I had posted.

My view is that duplicate accolades ought not be created, but rather than Benj (or enabled MERPs) should add extra films/auto-update rules as applicable. Alternatively, try messaging the creator to encourage them to add the films in question.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 

Posted - 15/06/2007 :  20:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Jaws/Saw/Taxi/some upcoming

Thanks to Salopian and Demonic.

The accolade awaits updating.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000