The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 General
 R.I.P. Randall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 12/02/2022 :  22:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried to reach out to Noncentz?

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/02/2022 :  05:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has taken me a while to digest this news, and try to think of a way to pay tribute to our legendary Randall, but honestly the words won't come easily, in four words, or any other number.

As AC already expressed it has been incredibly heartening to come back to the fourum and see so many excellent comments and contributions from so many of the fwfr community - or as Tori so beautiful put it, the fwfr family. Thanks for the heads up Cheese_Ed. It's wonderful to know you are all still out there... all those familiar avatars and signatures that we used to see on a regular basis!

I think Tom was the person I got to know the best in real life after many years of messaging on the site. We met when I was lucky enough to be working for six months on Broadway, nearly ten years ago now, and his huge enthusiasm for not only film but also theatre and all performing and visual arts made us good friends with a lot to talk about. I had the good fortune to stay with Tom and Linda on my next two trips to New York, and we kept in touch to share theatre recommendations on both sides of the Atlantic. I'm really sorry that the last two times he managed to make it across to London for theatre visits I was working away - the last time, just before the pandemic. I'd hoped we'd have met many more times in the UK and US, to share experiences and recommendations, but that's not to be.

He was larger than life - extremely kind, witty, intelligent without being any way overbearing, generous and a fun and fascinating person to spend time with. He's a great loss. Sending very best wishes to all of you, Randall's online family. RIP Tom.
Go to Top of Page

AC 
"Returning FWFR Old-Timer"

Canada

Posted - 13/02/2022 :  16:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

It has taken me a while to digest this news, and try to think of a way to pay tribute to our legendary Randall, but honestly the words won't come easily, in four words, or any other number.

As AC already expressed it has been incredibly heartening to come back to the fourum and see so many excellent comments and contributions from so many of the fwfr community - or as Tori so beautiful put it, the fwfr family. Thanks for the heads up Cheese_Ed. It's wonderful to know you are all still out there... all those familiar avatars and signatures that we used to see on a regular basis!

I think Tom was the person I got to know the best in real life after many years of messaging on the site. We met when I was lucky enough to be working for six months on Broadway, nearly ten years ago now, and his huge enthusiasm for not only film but also theatre and all performing and visual arts made us good friends with a lot to talk about. I had the good fortune to stay with Tom and Linda on my next two trips to New York, and we kept in touch to share theatre recommendations on both sides of the Atlantic. I'm really sorry that the last two times he managed to make it across to London for theatre visits I was working away - the last time, just before the pandemic. I'd hoped we'd have met many more times in the UK and US, to share experiences and recommendations, but that's not to be.

He was larger than life - extremely kind, witty, intelligent without being any way overbearing, generous and a fun and fascinating person to spend time with. He's a great loss. Sending very best wishes to all of you, Randall's online family. RIP Tom.

Beautifully put Dom: he truly was the best of us.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 14/02/2022 :  02:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather often lately I�ve for some reason been thinking about how many people with Internet profiles must have died by now and how that could easily happen to someone one has known online without ever finding out. So it�s at least something that we have this time.

I hope that Randall didn�t suffer and that his loved ones know what an impact he had here aside from in real life. I also hope that all of you still here know you�re appreciated for the part you�ve played. Even though the Internet has sadly now devolved into control-maniacal mega-monopolies this site is a great memento of its exciting and fun earlier days.

I�m feeling rather sombre as in a few hours I�ll be spending Valentine�s Day at the funeral of a friend of mine, whose death is also hard to grasp. Life is such an odd concept.
Go to Top of Page

Wheelz 
"FWFR%u2019ing like it%u2019s 1999"

United States

Posted - 14/02/2022 :  17:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dammit!
I remember Randall always being an engaging and positive presence here in the fourum. RIP, Tom.
Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 16/02/2022 :  06:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a tough loss. We joined at almost the same time - I stumbled in about three weeks later. I could not keep up. Reading about his life and all your comments makes me feel even luckier to have rub shoulders with him here.

Randall's Reviews.

Go to Top of Page

Koli 
"Striving lackadaisically for perfection."

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/02/2022 :  21:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad news. Thanks to Chris C for drawing attention to it, and to Sean for reposting the FB announcement. Randall's life story is fascinating. He will be much missed. I'm glad that his words will live on, not just on this site and in the book but in many other places.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000