The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Four Word Film Reviews: The Book
 FWFR Book: The sequel?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  14:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have graced the Fourum pages.

I am writing to give an update on a possible FWFR book sequel. Benj and I have been in contact with the publisher and they are interested. Basically, they want to see another push on sales. When the book was launched, it did well, but naturally sales declined after the first year. I was doing a lot of media interviews during the first month to publicize the book, but stopped after about six months.

So the plan is to try to start drumming up some publicity again and create some sales.

One idea to boost sales is for everyone to use social media. Benj and have have spent $100,000 on this 90 second FWFR book trailer.
Watch it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxoeKIlhiGk

(OK -- have you watched the YouTube video yet? Then you know the budget was actually $0.00. I am sure a 12-year-old can do better. So if anyone knows a student who would be interested in making a better video as part of a class project, let me know. I'll gladly share it with the community.)

So I am asking people to share links to the FWFR video on their social media accounts and links to the book website (www.fourwordbook.com). Or feel free to make you own video and share it with the rest of us. Benj thinks doing quick six-second videos on Vine is a great idea. Let's try and create some buzz.

I am planning to approach media to do stories -- I am going to tie it with the summer blckbuster movie season.

So hopefully we can create some fresh sales and then FWFR 2 can hit book stores soon.

Feel free to post any ideas you can think to help publicize the book. I am up for anything.

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  16:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have graced the Fourum pages.

I am writing to give an update on a possible FWFR book sequel. Benj and I have been in contact with the publisher and they are interested. Basically, they want to see another push on sales. When the book was launched, it did well, but naturally sales declined after the first year. I was doing a lot of media interviews during the first month to publicize the book, but stopped after about six months.

So the plan is to try to start drumming up some publicity again and create some sales.

One idea to boost sales is for everyone to use social media. Benj and have have spent $100,000 on this 90 second FWFR book trailer.
Watch it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxoeKIlhiGk

(OK -- have you watched the YouTube video yet? Then you know the budget was actually $0.00. I am sure a 12-year-old can do better. So if anyone knows a student who would be interested in making a better video as part of a class project, let me know. I'll gladly share it with the community.)

So I am asking people to share links to the FWFR video on their social media accounts and links to the book website (www.fourwordbook.com). Or feel free to make you own video and share it with the rest of us. Benj thinks doing quick six-second videos on Vine is a great idea. Let's try and create some buzz.

I am planning to approach media to do stories -- I am going to tie it with the summer blckbuster movie season.

So hopefully we can create some fresh sales and then FWFR 2 can hit book stores soon.

Feel free to post any ideas you can think to help publicize the book. I am up for anything.

First: WELCOME HOME YUKIE!!!
Second: Stop dissing yourself - the UTube promo is terrific!
Third: What GREAT news that the pubs want another edition ... brilliant news!

Rest assured I will try to carve out some time for further promo ideas.

Big smiles

Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  20:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo Yukon, benj and fwiffers everywhere who contributed to the first edition!!

I love the social media idea. And the promo -- while it could have used the additional $3.35 I most certainly would have contributed -- is a fabulous start!

I'm thinking that a second edition would likely focus on more recent films, yes? Whatever the case, you and benj did an outstanding job the first time, so you can just count me in whatever the case.
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 25/04/2013 :  01:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great - I can't view the video on my mobile, apparently you haven't allowed or enabled that

I will take a look at the weekend though, and share on Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 27/04/2013 :  00:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree the ad is great and I have shared it on facebook but i didn't see any tweets about it from the @4wfr twitter account? Was this deliberate?

I will tweet about it but do want to include the @4wfr account but it would look a little off balance if I mentioned the account and it hasn't tweeted about the book.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000